A bucket list. Or in other words, the ultimate “to do” list.
The one that’s OK to carry around with you for a lifetime.
The one that you hope to finish before you, well, uh, kick the bucket.
Do you have one? We were talking about ours recently, or more specifically how Amanda has to delay part of hers out of responsibility to her children. (See if you can guess which fall in that category.)
We thought it would be fun to share and can’t wait to see what’s on your bucket list. So here’s hoping we all have a few more decades to cross every last goal off:
- Bring my children to see the hometowns of their great-great grandparents in Italy
- Sleep on the beach
- Build a log cabin in the Rocky Mountains and retire there with my husband
- Enter a cooking competition
- Do a sequel to the cross-country road trip the hubby and I took in 1999 (but this time the kids are invited)
- Take photography classes
- Jar my own raspberry jam
- Splurge on a haircut at the best salon in the city
- Run a road race with my son and daughter
- Write a book
- Go back to volunteering at a therapeutic riding center
- Ride a motorcycle
- Invent something
- Eat at a five-star Michelin restaurant
- Volunteer on a regular basis
- Drive my car in the major metropolitan city that I’ve always been afraid to
- Run a 5K (if I get this far, the distance will increase — baby steps, baby steps)
- Write a book
- Visit Europe (hopefully, multiple times)
- Donate a substantial amount of money to a charity that helped our family out when we were in a tough spot
- Play on an organized sports team
- Plant a tree (or seven)
- Swim with dolphins
- Earn a master’s degree
- Spoil my grandchildren
And now it’s your turn. From risky to routine, what’s on your bucket list?